Explore the rich, centuries-old traditions of Indian Theater, taught by internationally acclaimed scholars and practitioners, who have distilled the essentials into this one-of-a-kind digital anthology.
- Lectures: Sanskrit Drama, Classical Dance-Drama, 19th century Theater, and Pre and Post-independence Theater, including Women’s Theater and Street Theater. Divided into easy-to-follow short sections, lectures use clear visuals, videos, text and summaries to deepen your understanding.
- Practice Demonstrations: Leading practitioners demonstrate various aspects of their traditional and contemporary theater making.
- “Closer Look”: mini-lectures that dive deeper into theater forms covered in the anthology.
- Interviews: with leading theater artists.
The digital anthology is edited and led by Erin B. Mee – Author of Theatre of Roots: Redirecting the Modern Indian Stage, editor of DramaContemporary: India, and co-editor of Modern Asian Theatre and Performance 1900-2000. She has directed at the Public Theater, New York Theatre Workshop, SoHo Rep, HERE, The Magic Theatre, and the Guthrie Theater in the United States, and with Sopanam in India. She is the Founding Artistic Director of This Is Not A Theatre Company in NYC. She is Assistant Arts Professor, Department of Drama, Tisch, NYU. www.erinbmee.com
- Get lifetime access for the entire anthology for only $199, or pick and choose the materials you want for as little as $5.99.
- For the entire anthology, financial aid is available for those in need – please leave your information below, and we’ll contact you with our financial aid request form.
For a limited time only: Fill out your information below to get a 20% off discount code emailed directly to your inbox. Use it when the course launches in fall 2021!